Crave Publishing, LLC is looking for short stories for our new anthology, Craving: Teacher
Crave Publishing, a division of Limitless Publishing, is accepting short stories for the contemporary romance anthology Craving: TEACHER. Completed stories should be 10,000 words (7,500 minimum, 12,000 maximum, with 10,000 as the ideal length).
There’s always that one teacher or professor, the one who’s a little too hot or looks at you a little too often. And there’s always that one student, who is as precocious in the bedroom as in the classroom. And we love those steamy, sexy, forbidden stories about how the rules don’t stand a chance against chemistry.
Your story should involve a setting of college or graduate school, with a student and a professor, thesis advisor, or other similar position. The student must be over 18. You might have a male student and female teacher/instructor, or female student and male teacher. High “heat” levels are encouraged, but please don’t stray into hard erotica, and you should have a “happily ever after” or a “happy for now” ending.
NOTE: Please be very sure your authority character does not use any degree of coercion or undue influence on the student character.
Interested authors should email with a short summary (not to exceed 250 words) of their story in the body of the email and attach the following in two separate Word documents:
- Document 1: Your complete, edit-ready short story of approximately 10,000 words. Format as follows…
- 1” margins, 12-point Times New Roman
- Auto indent for paragraphs of 0.2” (Do NOT use tabs)
- Single space, with NO additional line space between paragraphs
- If your story contains chapters, use a page break (control+enter) to move to the new page. (Do NOT hit multiple line returns to reach the new page)
- Please include a short bio of approximately 100 words at the end of your story, including primary social media links.
- Document 2: Author’s recent publishing history and current social media links
STORY DEADLINE: Please submit your story by 5:00 p.m. US Eastern time, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2018. (Hard deadline, no exceptions.)
Complete, edit-ready stories should be sent to email@example.com.
Authors will be notified on or about OCTOBER 15, 2018 if their story has been selected.
PLANNED RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 22, 2019.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.